Friday 11 July 2008

Can Jordin Conquer The UK?

America's answer to Leona Lewis is in the UK. She's called Jordin Sparks and hopes to be as big here as Leona has become in the United States.

And she's got a chance too - just like Leona, Sparks is a Pop Idol winner.

Jordin won American Idol - the US version of Simon Cowell's show - in May 2007 at just 17 years old. Since then her career in America has rocketed. Now, she needs to break the UK.

"It's going pretty well I think." she told Sky News. "We've been having a really good time here. Things have been busy. My schedule's been packed, but I've gotten a really good response so far. It's been good."

Her first hit, 'Tattoo' was only released as a download over here. It made it to number 50 in the UK charts in April.

For that song at least, she had the right song-writers for UK success. Tattoo was co-written by the talent behind James Blunt's hit, 'You're Beautiful'.

But this isn't America.

"I don't know what to do," she said.

"I don't even know how to break the United States. I just sang a song and put it out there.

"It was the fans and the people who helped me achieve the status I have now. They're the ones who request it on the radio."

No comments: