Wednesday 5 November 2008

Abi hails her Hollywood idol Streep

Little Miss Sunshine star Abigail Breslin says she hopes to one day be as successful as Meryl Streep.

She may only be just 12 years old, but the young actress admitted she dreams of being as big as the Oscar-winning superstar.

"I really like Meryl Streep, my favorite movie is The Devil Wears Prada," she said.

But Abigail might have some way to go. Despite receiving an Oscar nod for Little Miss Sunshine in 2007, Meryl has received 14 Academy Award nominations throughout her career, more than any other actor or actress in the history of the awards.

Abigail was speaking about people that influence her at the Rising Stars Gala in Beverly Hills where she received the Young Heroes Award. The event organised by the charity Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Los Angeles was aimed at recognizing individuals who are inspiring and positive role models for young people.

The young actress is slowly getting to work with some top names stars - having finished working with Cameron Diaz on a movie called My Sister's Keeper.

She's really nice, everybody on that movie was really nice so I had a really good time," she said
But she admits her biggest influences are those closest to her: "My brothers, my parents, my whole family."

No comments: