Saturday 1 November 2008

David Archuleta: "I Was Nervous" Acting!

If singing doesn't work out for David Archuleta, he can always turn to acting!


The American Idol runner up recently shot a guest spot on Nickelodeon's iCarly (to air next Feb.) - and show star Miranda Cosgrove can't stop gushing.

"He is pretty close to my age so it was fun getting to hang out with him," Cosgrove told Usmagazine.com at the 10th Anniversary of Yoplait's Save Lids to Save Lives event in L.A. Friday.
"He was really good," continued Cosgrove, 15. "He said it was his first big acting part and he just kind of came in and we didn't even rehearse or anything. We just went for it and it went really well."Cosgrove admits even she was a little star struck to meet the Idol she voted for.
"It's funny when you watch American Idol, the people seem like such a big deal so it was weird getting to meet him in person," she said. "He is totally normal."
Remember these David Idol moments?

Archuleta, 17, plays himself on the show - but doesn't sing.

"I have a web show, and he came on the web show as a special guest," Cosgrove explained.
Archuleta says playing himself made it easy.
"I was nervous and thought I'd be awful at acting, but the whole experience felt really comfortable and came pretty easily since I was allowed to play myself," he told Us.
Does he want to do more acting?
"You do need a good memory for the dialogue, and I'll have to work on that, but it would be fun to continue acting," he said. "With iCarly, I also got to hang out with kids my own age for a change, and that was a real bonus."
Plus, Archuleta says
"I'm a huge fan of Nickelodeon....so it was especially cool to make my acting debut on a Nick show."

No comments: